Thursday, July 15, 2010

My first hard scrapbook pages!

Yesterday, I went to a scrapbooking classed being taught by my friend Tessa Buys. She is a great and avid scrapbooker and I have never tried to make a hard copy page before so I decided to go and try my hand at it! It was lots of fun and frustrating for me. I have a hard time putting complementary colors together and having a boy limited the choices I could use (since I wanted to make it for Nathan- of course). But Tessa was soo patient and helped me A LOT!! I had to leave (Nathan was ready to go) before I could glue it all down and so I finished them this morning! Tell me what you think!

You can't see it well, (click to enlarge) but I used a "misting" technique on this one with a red:)


I used my leftovers and made this smaller complimentary page!

It was lots of fun and it was great to learn a new way to scrapbook!! Learning really promotes creativity and can be lots of fun!!

If you want to see the new digital pages I have uploaded click here

1 comment:

Amber Meadows said...

yeah, it is pretty intimidating when you first start out! If you want some help with colors you can check out the Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalog online - just go to my stamp blog and click on the Catalogs Tab. It's full of so many ideas and on page 5 it shows you some fun color combos that you can use. Surprisingly, you can use colors for boys that you wouldn't think you could. You don't always have to stick with Primary Colors. I like to choose colors that coordinate with my photos and make them stand out. I also have a little video on colors on my blog. Check it out and see if that helps ease the frustration a little!

www.stampincrazed-amber.blogspot.com