Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

So we had a fun 4th of July weekend!! On Saturday, we had a backyard BBQ lunch with Michaels family and later that night we went to Lander where Dr. Bills (an orthodontist) puts on an elaborate fireworks show complete with narration and music!! There is a big hill you have to climb up to actually sit on the hill and have a front row view or you can just sit in your car, parked very carefully among the numerous vehicles that arrive. I originally thought staying in the car would be better because I wasn't sure I could handle the hill. However, when we arrived Nathan had been sooo good all day and he asked ever soo sweetly if we could get out so.... we got out his stroller and trekked up the hill. I was surprised to find it invigorating and not too tiring!!

We arrived in time to get some ice cream that the missionaries were dishing up (yearly tradition) and Nathan was great!! He didn't like the fireworks sooo he hid under the blanket and whimpered here and there. He DID NOT want to watch or see them at all! It was sort of funny! IT sprinkled a little on us but the rain didn't start until we were leaving! It was lots of fun and I am glad we went!!


Yummy Ice Cream
Mommy and cute boy



Daddy and the cute boy
On Sunday, my family had bought some fireworks so we headed out to their house for some more explosions and root beer floats (our family tradition). I had hoped maybe this time Nathan would be okay with the quieter, smaller fireworks but the same thing happened! He hid under the blanket and this time actually fell asleep because they weren't too loud! Again another fun filled evening and a great weekend!!!
Okay so I look extremely pregnant here (but come on, I am sitting cross legged on a TRAMPOLINE so of course the baby is in my ribs..) And of course Nathan's enthusiasm for fireworks just shines through:)

Here is just a random picture of took of Nathan the other day. He put on my hat and shoes and was ready to head out the door! :)

Hope you all had a good 4th!!

No comments: