Monday, July 19, 2010

Dangers of Strawberry Syrup

So since I haven't worn myself out enough (I did a yard sale on Fri and Sat) I decided to make and can strawberry syrup last night. I was really excited because strawberries were on sale ($1 lb!!) and I really wanted some strawberry syrup for pancakes, waffles, ice cream, etc. so I though why not can some? All was going well until I poured a jar of boiling water on my arm as I was draining it and then the ring and lid came off my second jar of syrup adding a bunch of hot water to the mix and taking away most of my strawberry chunks!! :( I drained some of the water and canned the jar anyway! So it may have a funny taste but we will see!

Oh, and for infomation purposes:) if this baby does not come in the next 10 days they are inducing me!
Baby #2 is close to being here!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry about getting burned!! That is so exciting that you will see you're baby so soon! It will all turn out fantastic, you'll see!