Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Good Sunday

Just to let everyone know, we got new callings in our ward today:) Michael was called to teach Sunday School to the youth and I was called to be a Nursery Floater (pretty much a permanant sub:)) 

Also, today I had an experience that really touched my heart. I don't know if many of you know anything about this little boy named Lance. We had him brought to our home(when I lived at home) three days before his first birthday and he weight 12 pounds. He has a type of muscular dystrophy that can only get better, not worse (its just depends how severe it was when they were born and how much they can overcome). He was soo small and tiny and we all fell in love with him. We had him for 18 months before he went to live with his grandma. Lance is now 5 years old. His grandmother recently joined the church and we just moved into thier ward! Today as I was taking a restroom break between meetings (pregnancy will do it to ya everytime!) I saw Lance in the hallway. He still doesn't speak but he can throw fits when he doesn't want to do things. He was all alone and his teachers had tried to get him to go into primary and even offered to let him go to the nursery and play with puzzles. He just sat crouched against the wall and wouldn't move. They walked away to tend to thier business and I just wondered if Lance would even talk to me since it has been quite a while. I sqatted down in front of Lance and just said his Hi and his name. He looked at me and gave me the biggest hug!!! He just climbed into my arms and just held on to me. I wanted to cry.. this sweet little boy actually responded to me and maybe remembered me a little. I asked him if he wanted to go to Primary and he pointed to the primary door. I took his hand and he lead me into the room and found his seat. I had to leave and go talk to the bishop (to be extended our callings) and I don't know how the rest of the time went. I just know that Heavenly Father really is there and we get tender mercies poured upon us in ways we never would expect and they are the sweetest gifts of all. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and a great week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is very special, thanks for making me cry!! It feels so good to have a calling, doesn't it? It makes me feel like I'm part of the ward family!