Monday, April 13, 2009

A Wonderful Easter!!!

Well, we all went to Pine Valley, Ut for Easter. I haven't been there in 11 years and it was soo much fun!! My mom and siblings came and stayed the night at my house and then we all went down on Thursday!
My aunt and her family came down on Friday! Lots of family and a few dogs!! My grandparents are so much fun and have the most wonderful house in the most beautiful place. My great-uncle Ralph has a big Easter lunch/ Treasure hunt for kids every year the Sat. before Easter in St. George. Nathan got to go on his own little hunt his favorite part? Sitting on the ground and playing in the dirt!! He is really walkin quite well and I love to see him go futher and futher! It was fun to see so much family and to see the restored chapel. They have been using it for the past 100 years or so and there we bats in the attic- literally!- so they came in cleaned out the bats and attached it to the foundation and cleaned it up a bit! I looks amazing!!!

And what made it even cooler was that I got a chance to play an old pump organ!!!



The pulpit was done by the same guy who built the conference center pulpit our of Pres. Hinkleys tree. If you can see the flowers in the corners they were drawn by Elder Packer and he has a bigger version on his mantle.




On Sunday we all showed up to church. My grandparents were going to speak and they were a little nervous. Well, during the Sacrament hymn, President Uchtdorf and his wife came in!!! Luckily, my grandparents didn't see him until right before they spoke or I think they would have passed out! I know I would have!! We got to here him speak of his testimony of the risen Savior and the joy of the gospel. It was really neat!! After the meeting we had the oppertunity to shake his hand and he said the Nathan, " is a very beautiful boy" in that wonderful German accent I love. He also told my grandparents that he was so happy to have found someone who says the Schiefer name right!! Most say "shafer" when it is correctly pronounced "sheefer". What a wonderful way to spend Easter Sunday!


We also visited the tabernacle and the temple visitor centers. Nathan was so wonderful during the 7 hour trip there and 7 hours back! Hope you all had a fun and safe Easter like we did!!

No comments: