Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wille Family Rules!

Well, Michael and I have been discussing for a while some rules we want to have in our home as we start raising our children. Of course we didn't want a whole long list to always try and remember and of course things change over the years. Soooo... we decided to make it short and cover what we feel are the most essential areas of our home. Basically, if we start here the rest should take care of itself! :) So here they are (with some added defintion)

1. Choose to view others only in their magnificance.
We are all children of God and should be treated as such. Everyone is precious in his sight and if we all tried to act that way a little more I think there would be a lot less contention and a lot more love in the world.

2. Only speak in increase.
This one I really like. This basically is saying that there is no negativity within ourselves or those around us. We don't allow anyone to put themselves or others down NO EXCEPTIONS! Self-esteem is a major problem in our world today: He's stupid, she's fat... I'm ugly, I'm not good enough.. the list goes on and on! So to conteract this we are now striving to only speak in increase on a daily basis and this goes for all those we come in contact with.

I hope this isn't too confusing! Any questions and you can comment on here and I'll answer. We just want to raise our children in a Spirit inviting enviroment. Yes, we know that we will slip from time to time but having high standards make you strive to be better everyday and not settle for something less than you are. I personally, have problems with self-esteem and feeling caught in the middle of a fight that I don't want to have to begin with! I just never want Nathan or any of our other children to feel this way and I think this will help solve that. Family is soo important and I want my children to always boost eachother up in a world where everyone wants to bring you down. Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments: