Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A New Way to Fry Donuts

Well, I went to Smiths on Thursday and they had the marked down boxes of donuts. I knew I really didn't need them but I coulnt' resist thier tempting crys down the aisle. So I bought them made sure they made it home and set them on the stove while I started dinner. I was running late so a meal of hot dogs and mac and cheese was going to be our fabulous cuisine of the evening. I started the two burners to boil water and went outside to push Nathan is his swing because he has been such a good boy at the store. As I was playing with his little feet and making him laugh I suddenly smelt something burning! I run inside and found my box of donuts on fire!! I stood there for a second and just watched the flames dance and cook my delicious donuts. I put out the fire, noticed the house was full of smoke, opened the windows and went back outside to play with Nathan. After all no use crying over the milk I would have drank with the donuts! I had turned on the wrong burner as I have done three or four times scince we moved into our new place! Well, I'll get it sooner or later! Hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

Dax and Steph said...

Don't feel bad...I have burned things so many times that way and I have lived in this apartment for almost 2 years....maybe one day I will figure out which burner to turn on. You should go buy another box of donuts though, you probably deserve it...I think I might go buy one as well, that sounds really good!

Clari said...

scarey! i am always afraid of burning my house up. were you able to slavage a few of the donuts??

Anonymous said...

Thats funny (because nothing happened)!! I hate when I dont even get to try things and something happens to them.The other day I forgot I left one of the burners on and put my pyrex on top, and it exploded. Thank goodness I was facing the other way so, I didn't get hurt, but I did feel the chunks of glass hit my back!